After pregnancy, it is not uncommon to have excess, sagging skin, stubborn fat, lax abdominal muscles, and breasts that aren’t what they used to be. The mommy makeover is designed for restoring a woman’s body after childbearing. The areas hardest hit by pregnancy – the breasts and the abdomen – can be rejuvenated through a customized combination of procedures that are individualized for each patient’s personal appearance concerns.
The skin and muscles of the abdomen, which stretch for nine months to accommodate the baby during pregnancy, often don’t return to their pre-pregnancy state even with a healthy diet and regular exercise. The result often includes excess skin and stretch marks. Changes in the volume of breasts due to breastfeeding can also leave a woman’s breasts deflated and sagging.
During the initial consultation Dr. Mirmanesh will recommend a combination of procedures to match the needs of each patient. These procedures may include:
- Liposuction: to remove excess fat from areas resistant to diet and exercise.
- Tummy tuck (Abdominoplasty): to remove loose and excess sagging skin and tighten abdominal muscles for a flat abdomen.
- Fat transfer: into areas as needed to smooth out the appearance of areas as needed.
- Breast Lift: to lift the saggy breast and back a youthful appearance.
- Breast Augmentation: to improve volume loss that can be natural and worsen or occur with pregnancy.
Dr. Mirmanesh will assure your mommy makeover will be designed with you in mind, and the goal will be to address what is causing discomfort and restoring a more youthful, lifted, and firm contour to your body. The goal is to restore and if possible make your body look better after a mommy makeover than even before you got pregnant.